Wednesday morning

Good morning all the sun is shining here at the moment and surprise surprise after a dull dismal start I got all my washing dry on the line.  I spent some time hammering in the pins to hold the fake grass in position and planted up a shrub which had been living in a pot.  With the garden looking so good I am invigorated and actually want to do some gardening.  Denny was so impressed with the work that was done and agreed that it was worth the money.

Today being Wednesday the bin men will empty my two wheely bins full of garden refuse so I can start filling them again.  I have a hair appointment at lunch time and then this evening I have an electrician coming to fix the socket in my room which has been busted for ages and is actually quite dangerous.

The steaks I got out yesterday have been pushed forward to today's lunch so I will get them out of the fridge and let them come to room temperature before frightening them with the griddle pan.  My array of herbs in the freezer is coming along I now have sage in butter and coriander, parsley, basil, chives, rosemary in oil all just waiting for a recipe.  I still need to do tarragon and dill then I think I will have the complete set.

The cut and come again Cicoria is ready for another hair cut I can't believe how quickly it grows and how often I get to make a salad with it.  It has a mildly bitter taste and goes especially well with borlotti beans.  However, it is fine on its own or with other leaves.

So mildly busy day today nothing very exciting just the usual mundane stuff but with some sunshine, it doesn't seem so boring.

Have a good one.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good morning early readers

Friday morning

Friday morning