Thursday morning

Good morning all although it is nearly afternoon.  I was feeling a bit rough yesterday no real reason just off colour.  Perhaps I was tired, who knows, anyway I sat up late and finished a shawl off so now it is ready for the fringe.  I woke very early so put myself back to bed and surprise surprise slept like a log.  It is no wonder we Brits have problems with the weather, yesterday was 14ºC today it is 25ºC how can our bodies ever acclimatise when we have such huge swings in temperature.  Every morning it is a decision, is it a fur coat day or a bikini day :) In my case it is usually a dressing gown day until I decide to go out.  I always know when I am under par as my catering usually goes wrong. Yesterday I decided to make paneer, the indian cheese, which is very simple but does take some patients. I rushed it and managed to split the cheese cloth and lost the lot down the sink at which point I spat my dummy out and went back to knitting.  It had been my intention to make saag paneer as I have a big bag of spinach but I guess it will have to be just plain spinach. It was just one of those days when the gods are not on your side.  I'm sure you are all familiar with the phenomenon you know everything you touch falls on the floor or disintegrates in your hands.  

Having slept so long I now feel hungover and it is going to take a while for me to get back on an even keel.  Lunch today had better be something indestructible like ham and salad sandwiches or hard boiled eggs.  No skill required!!!!!  I have been most amused at the group who use instapots there are loads of recipes some good some bad but the one that makes me die laughing is hard boiled eggs, why in heavens name would you use a pressure cooker to hard boil eggs when it takes longer than a saucepan on the stove.  You can boil a dozen eggs all at once and it only takes 15 minutes - excuse me but it only takes 10 in a pot on the stove so just what is the benefit? Don't get me wrong pressure cookers are wonderful for things which take a long time to cook like beans, stocks or stews etc but not eggs.

Anyway I had better get going as the day is almost gone.  James has just made me a chicken sandwich so I don't even have to do that.  Have a good day all...... 



Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday morning

Good morning early readers

Friday morning