Monday morning

Good morning all the sun is shining and the weather looks fair I believe that it is going to heat up through the week which is ok so long as it happens slowly.  

I spent yesterday afternoon watching the tennis and motor racing so nice to see some happy people for a change.  I am glad Federer won but sad that his opponent was under par.  I had settled down for a 5 set slogging match, not a walk over.  It was so nice to see how beautifully everyone was dressed and how smoothly everything ran they sure know how to do things in style.  When I was a youngster I used to go every year with my mum who was a keen tennis fan and my dad played for a club so he got tickets.  In those days it was definitely a posh frock do.

Today I am going to spend some time on the phone arranging the trip to Italy.  I also need to book a hair appointment and one at the opticians as my old eye is very fuzzy so I think the cataract has gone in that one now as well.  The eye with the new lens is brilliant so hopefully, they can fix the duff one.

I have put out feelers for a gardener as the garden needs pulling back from the brink before it gets any worse and I know it is beyond me to do it.  Once I am back from Italy I really will have to make up my mind as to whether to move.  I don't really want to but the garden is an ongoing problem and I am not getting any younger.  I would like a bungalow with a small garden, off road parking and easy access to dog walking.  However, the thought of having to pack up this house fills me with terror there is so much stuff.  However, the decision has to be made as if we are not going then there are things which need doing in the house.  I don't want to replace the flooring only to move a month later.
Anyway, we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Today we will be having Sunday lunch as Denzil is at home and it is worth it for three.  Nothing spectacular just a roast chicken in the halogen oven and an assortment of vegetables.  The tide is up so he has taken the dogs swimming.  Dan has a sore paw so a soak in salt water will do him no harm.

Right, time to clear the decks and get the paperwork out and warm up the phone.  Have a good day all

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday morning

Good morning early readers

Friday morning