Saturday morning

Musings on Brexit.  Please feel free to ignore.
For the sake of argument let's call the European Union a club if one of the members were so unhappy that they wanted to leave my first question would be what has gone so badly wrong and why.  No one seems to care or is looking for an amicable solution.  In divorce, you first try reconciliation then a trial separation.  You don't immediately go for the jugular that is for when all else fails. It seems to me that we are approaching this all wrong.  What has the EU done to help salvage the situation? Or are they glad to see the back of us and out to get as much as they can while they can? If the system is not working for one of the parties then why is no one prepared to look at what went wrong before heading blindly into the unknown. It was radio 4 that sparked this thought when they compared the people of Wakefield who voted predominantly out and the well-heeled of Oxford who wanted to stay.

Perhaps this is an oversimplification but I have a simple mind. The older I get the more I am aware that in the end, we will all have to get along to survive, race, colour or creed we all put our trousers on one leg at a time.  We have done wars, killed millions just to get here and apparently learned nothing en route.  We have been trading across the globe for 2000 years so what has changed?  Ok enough politics, a subject I find very distasteful probably because I don't understand it, it is a dirty business and in 6 months time, nothing will have changed.  I listened to a very interesting TED lecture on happiness yesterday and from that, it would seem that it will actually make no difference to our happiness levels.  If happiness levels between lottery winners and paraplegics are the same after 6 months we just seem to adapt to whatever comes our way and make the best of it.  I think this may be just that sort of occasion.

Now for something completely different,  forgive the ramblings I really shouldn't listen to the inteligent radio.  I made a big bowl of gazpacho which we had for supper as we had demolished the leftovers for lunch.  I used the Ninja Blitzer and it did a fabulous job.  That was then followed by some chicken and chorizo skewers.  Today I have no idea what to have but no doubt a trawl through the freezer will give me some inspiration.  My fridge is overflowing with salad ingredients so it will be something and salad!!!

It is blissfully cool this morning with heavy cloud cover and the prospect of rain.  I have a line full of washing outside so that should provoke the rain gods.  Yesterday I changed the beds after a hot and sweaty week,  what a true pleasure it is to climb into a freshly made bed with crisp white sheets. As the temperature dropped so my energy increased.  I am definitely not built for heat.  I for one will be quite happy if it is another 40years before we get another heat wave.  Don't get me wrong I love the sun but only in small doses.



I am at a loss to explain this. These are the seeds of Cicoria zuccherina di Trieste which I broadcast evenly across the pot but only half seem to have germinated.  I don't know whether to reseed or wait and hope that the others will make an appearance.  As I have enough seeds to plant half an acre I think I will sprinkle a few more seeds in the pot and hope.

Have a great weekend whatever you have planned






Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wenesday morning

Saturday Morning

Friday morning