Saturday morning

Good morning all up a bit earlier this morning.  I am still all over the place with my sleeping and last night I couldn't get to sleep so I got up and made the hash browns to go with Christmas meal and now they are cold I can put them in the freezer. My head was spinning with thoughts of things to do so I sat and wrote out a to-do list which will take me into next spring.  That then frightened me to death so today I am going to prioritise that list so that there is some semblance of order.  This is where the boys and I don't see eye to eye.  They neither notice nor care about many of the items on my list. That the silver  and the glass needs cleaning is nowhere on their list.  However I both notice and care so the jobs will fall to me.

Now for those of you who garden I have had what I think is a brilliant idea - the greenhouse has been fallow this season and is full of weed seeds so I thought I would give it one good watering which should allow the weed seeds to germinate then it is back to neglect and cold and so I hope the majority of them will die thus saving days of weeding if I put it back into use next season.  

James and I were going to go to Bluewater today but that is really stupid, it is Saturday and close to Christmas, it will be hell on wheels so I think I will abandon that idea and leave it until Monday when the workers are back at work and it should be a bit quieter.  Why am I going to Bluewater well I will let you into a secret?  It is the Apple shop which is calling me - I live and die with my iPad which is now well out of date and slow so I thought I would buy myself something for me, not the house and given my age it will probably be my last such purchase so I had better get it right. The boys are in full agreement so that makes me happy and I hope they will guide me as they are more tech savvy than me. I try to keep up to date but it is getting harder and harder as I get more and more decrepit. There are things I want to do but my iPad can't cope.  Most evening when I am supposed to be watching TV I am usually deep in research on the iPad or doing my corsera work now it would be nice to put it up on the TV screen with either chrome cast or apple tv not sure which.  At the moment I have a charging station which is also a pair of speakers - this will be rendered useless, so do I go for something similar or do I go for a set of good headphones so I don't drive everyone else in the house mad. Scary but exciting.  I have an elderly iPhone but it drives me mad because it is so small and I have real trouble typing on the tiny keyboard with my fat fingers so I use it purely as a phone for emergencies if I am out and about for which purpose it is fine, it was a hand me down when James got his new phone.  Anyway, plenty of research to do between now and Monday.  In the meantime, I will get on with some of the outstanding housework.  I hope that this will make me feel less self-indulgent.

This is a really weird feeling for my whole life I have always had to check with others before doing things now it is all down to me I am a bit at sea and trying to steer a sensible course.  The utility room while it is great for me will also add value to the house which in the end will benefit the boys. It is hard to separate me from the house.  What is for me personally and what is in the long-term interest of the family.  The rebuild of the sitting room I see as a bonus for us all as we can all have friends to stay if we want.

I still have Mikes wardrobe to do but that has been put on the back burner, not for sentimental reasons I just haven't found the time to do it.  I have come to the conclusion that I need to up my work or I will forever be behind myself. Taking the family tradition of burying your head in the sand and hoping it will all go away just won't wash.  I used to run operating theatres and guided many a student to their qualifications so I should have the where with all to run a house better than I am at present. Sadly my default position is to go and cook something which I enjoy but it doesn't get the jobs done.

So new life new rules - get it done and stop fretting about it. Once I have knocked things back into shape it might be easier to keep on top of things.

Today
  1. Get the hash browns into the freezer.
  2. Water the greenhouse
  3. Iron and put away the new bedding
  4. Change my bed and wash the sheets
  5. Polish the front room furniture 
  6. Get the silver cleaned
  7. Make lunch for 3
  8. Tidy and clean the kitchen run the dishwasher with some cleaner and clean the filters
  9. Check the salt levels in the water softener
  10. Collapse exhausted!!!!



Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wenesday morning

Saturday Morning

Friday morning