Wednesday Morning

Good morning all.  Another sub-zero start to the day, fortunately, I remembered yesterday to bring in my kafir lime plant which is very definitely not frost hardy.  It has spent the summer on the patio soaking up the sun.  I did a fairly major shop yesterday and was surprised how quiet Tesco was I guess it is the calm before the storm.  It was boring shopping you know stuff like toilet paper, bleach, washing up liquid really interesting stuff but anyway it is done so we should be well stocked through to the new year.

Today is bin day so my suite should get picked up and disposed of.  Elaine is stopping by for coffee with my surrogate grandson Benji the poodle pup.  Shiona is coming over later and I hope she is going to walk me through the last of the forms then that too will be done.  Even better news Gary came around yesterday and had a measure up to convert the garage into a utility room which he thinks will be an easy enough job all I need now is next doors permission to drop a grey water pipe into the manhole on their front drive.  They seem happy with the idea provided they get something in writing explaining the intended work.  Anyway, it will be something to look forward to in the new year. This afternoon I have the carpet cleaners coming and the room is already devoid of furniture apart from a few side tables which I will move out when they come.  At this rate, I will have my sitting-room back in time for the festive season.  At the moment everything is on the up and up a sensation I am quite unaccustomed to. Isn't it great when a plan comes together?

Denny took my silver cutlery for the hospice so that too is now a thing of the past and I will have no more cleaning to do.  Long live stainless steel!!! I have also turfed out stuff from the kitchen which can go to a charity shop.  I still have Mikes wardrobe to do but I feel strong enough to tackle that now.  My long term plan is to make the house as user-friendly as possible and minimise the amount of work required to keep it running. One job which is outstanding is some sort of rationalisation of bedding and towels which really do need sorting out.  I think three sets for each bed should be enough one on, one off and one in the wash.  At the moment I have tons of stuff for single beds and only one single bed. I am holding fire on the bedding for the sofa bed as I am not quite sure if it will measure as a double or king size.  Anyway, we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Today for lunch I am going to roast a chicken as I think we will be four for lunch.  The pressure cooker is full of the basics to make a good broth as I picked up some chicken wings and a turkey leg while out shopping.  I put them all in the oven to roast and get a bit of colour so the resulting broth should have good flavour once the chicken carcass is added.

Well, I am freezing to death here so I am off to get dressed before I need to reheat in a hot bath.  Stay warm and have a good day all





Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wenesday morning

Saturday Morning

Friday morning