Thursday morning

Yesterday was a nice bright day if a bit breezy, anyway good for getting the washing up to date.  I went over to Faversham to replenish my coffee stocks and needless to say I had a bit of a spend up in the butcher and at the cheese counter.  For lunch, I bought us a chunk of ham a gruyere pie which we had with a tomato salad. For supper, we had a pile of sticky chicken wings with a tossed green salad.

Today it is my intention to spend my time in the kitchen.  I have a pork loin to roast and I think I will do sweet potato wedges to go with it and perhaps some cauliflower.  I am hoping that it is a big enough piece to allow for a cold meat supper.  

I have assembled the ingredients for a chorizo and potato stew so I can get that on the stove and leave it to bubble away merrily. I have doubled up the recipe so I have a portion for the freezer.  I must admit it is quite nice to get back to comfort hot food rather than salad.  Don't get me wrong I love salad but you can't beat hot stew on a cold day.  Isn't that one of the nice things about our seasons it dictates our menu.  I love the excitement when the first asparagus is ready and with such a short season I have to eat myself stupid while it lasts.  There is something to be said for eating seasonally and thank goodness we don't have to worry about getting through the winter without starving. Instead, we have cyber crime to worry about.  

Well that's about it for this morning time to get going if I am to accomplish some of my to-do list.

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wenesday morning

Saturday Morning

Friday morning