Saturday

Good morning all.  We have had a downpour overnight and everything is dripping and the bamboo is bent double with the weight of water.  In fact, I think it is still drizzling but it is that fine misty rain definitely not a day to hang out any washing.  

After much messing about I finally made my chorizo and potato stew which will do nicely for lunch today and leave an ample portion for the freezer. Yesterday we finished off the pork which we had with sweet potatoes and broccoli and Denzil did sausage egg and beans for supper which was nice as I didn't have to do it. Fortunately, both boys are competent in the kitchen and therefore appreciate the effort it takes to produce meals.  I have a chicken in the freezer which I am going to take out now and defrost for lunch tomorrow.  Then hopefully there should be enough for the family when I have left. James is going to run me to the airport as Denzil will be working but he is a day off when I return so I expect he will fetch me on the return leg.  I have no fear of flying as I have been doing it since I was 6 weeks old apparently you had to be 6 weeks old before they would let you fly. I also have fond memories of fly to Nigeria as a child which took 72 hours with the old propellor planes.  To this day I can remember the embarrassment of wearing a large brown luggage tag which stated that I was an unaccompanied minor in the care of BOAC.  After all, I was very grown up I was 6 years old.  

Anyway, enough reminiscing time to get the show on the road.  Mike has got himself in a mess so I had better go and sort him out.


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wenesday morning

Saturday Morning

Friday morning