Monday morning

Sorry about yesterday's absence but I was having a really bad day and rather than pour vitriol over the page I decided to give it a miss.  After all, no one wants to hear someone rant about how miserable they are feeling especially when we all know that it passes with time.  I try not to give in to feeling sorry for myself but sometimes it just overcomes me.  Anyway, I took the opportunity to give my back a good rest and I dozed on and off for most of the day.  The boys took up the slack and made sure Mike was fed and watered.  The dogs got walked and the world didn't come to an end because I was not there to supervise.  I think it is actually a good thing to withdraw my services from time to time if for no other reason than to remind everyone that I am here and on duty most of the time.

Today I am off the hairdressers first thing and then I must go to the shops as we are out of lots of basic bits and pieces.  Four adults get through lots of food one way and another, then tomorrow I am going over to Shiona for the day and will no doubt get a blow by blow account of her holiday in Sicily.  

I thought I would make a double dose of the chorizo and potato stew so there will be a portion left for the freezer and an easy meal when I am away.  I thought I would stock up on stuff that is easy to prepare like bacon, sausages, burgers etc nothing that requires much work.  Anyway, the boys are quite capable of dealing with the household if I am not around.  

Denzil has been using James car to get to and from work but sadly yesterday he had to have a couple of new tyres put on the car.  Fortunately, we have a kwik fit  just up the road and they are very obliging if you have a problem.  Anyway, the car is now sound so everyone is happy.

Today looks like it is going to be dry but we are now down to single figures so it is quite chilly.  If I have the time I may even get out with the new hedge trimmer and see how it works. In the meantime, it is more coffee and shower then the off to the hairdresser.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday morning

Good morning early readers

Friday morning