Saturday

Good morning all.  Here we are at the weekend not that that means much to me.  The only difference it makes to me is that I cannot take the dogs to the rugby field as there are people playing rugby who don't seem to understand that it is a dog walking place. Then Sunday the shops don't open until 10am and close at 4pm other than that it is just another day.  I have booked a shopping expedition tomorrow with my surrogate daughter.  Boys are lovely but when it comes to clothes you need a woman to tell you the truth so Elly and I are going to hit the shops and look for some bits and bobs a couple of tops and maybe another pair of trousers.  Then she is going to treat me to lunch what more can you ask for.   I have also booked myself a hair cut which is becoming necessary.  

Yesterday I got out the ingredients to make a bolognese sauce and they are now totally defrosted so it will be into the slow cooker with them this morning.  I made a dish yesterday which sounded nice but in my opinion was a failure it consisted of rice which is mixed with passata then chicken thighs are placed on top and once they are golden you put some cheese on top and return to the oven.  Sounds alright but it was very bland the cheese just disappeared.  We ate it but not with any great pleasure it very definitely lacked flavour.  There is one portion left so it is going in the freezer and Mike can have it when we are out on Tuesday.  This will be the first time he has been left alone in the house but he has his magic button if he gets into trouble though as he hardly moves from his bed I don't foresee and problems.

I think we are in for a few dry days so I am going to get a couple of loads of washing on while the going is good.  As for lunch and dinner, I haven't a clue as yet I might have to hit the shops for a few bits and pieces.  We are out of fruit anyway so that could do with replenishing.  

Before I frighten myself to death with the to-do list I had better make a start and at least get some of it done.  Have a good weekend and make the most of the good weather while it lasts I believe there is rain on the way.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wenesday morning

Saturday Morning

Friday morning