Friday Morning

Good morning all.  Well, here we are at the end of yet another week. I actually heard the first mention of Christmas on the tv last night however it was after the watershed. After my early start and sleepless night, I put myself back to bed and slept for a good four hours and woke feeling considerably better.  I had pulled food out of the freezer so the boys cooked lunch and gave me a call when it was ready.  Thank goodness for advanced catering it is really handy when you have an off day.  I sometimes wonder how I would manage without a freezer, I suppose I would have to do what my gran did and bottle just about everything.  We lived in a tiny bungalow with a room in the roof which was completely stacked with boxes of  bottle fruit and veg.  I think there was an element of safety involved as they were the generation who suffered the world wars and knew about food shortages.

I think I have now run myself out of bolognese sauce so time to make another batch for the freezer.  It is such a handy thing to have around with endless uses.  Today I have some chicken thighs for lunch but as yet I haven't quite decided what to do with them again the possibilities are endless.

The sun is shining and though it is quite chilly it looks like a lovely day so I think I will take the dogs for a walk while I try to decide what to do with the food.  I am also going to book a table for us at Montalbano's for Tuesday.  I thought I would take the boys for a lunch as I think they could also use a break from these four walls.  Denzil is off today so he is having a bit of a lie in and at the moment I am the only one up and about.  The dogs don't get up until the boys get up as it is usually them who take them for their morning walk.  

Well, that about it for this morning nothing of any great interest just another day.  I have finished my course on positive psychology and have started a course on the addicted brain - neuroscience is fascinating.  I love these courses as the material is available for you to help yourself to and it is rather like watching a very good documentary.  

Have a good day all whatever you have planned.




Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday morning

Good morning early readers

Friday morning