Thursday morning

Good morning all.  Thank you so much for all your kind words I had a fine day yesterday poor Shiona had done a shoulder so we occupied our nursing skills on her shoulder problem - analgesics, hot and cold compresses, massage with lavender oil and rest.  Interestingly Shiona had brought Sue up to running speed before I arrived and the first thing she asked me was if I was a catholic.  The answer was no but I was convent educated which explained my guilty conscience which has dogged me all my life.  It is the first time I have put two and two together and realised that I was imbued with guilt at the age of six and it is still with me.  I have a very strong sense of duty which largely supersedes my own wants and needs.  

We went to local pub for lunch so Shiona didn't have to cook and when I got home I was exhausted.  I put myself to bed and slept for 12 hours straight.  Denzil rang to see how Mike was doing and he is up to his usual tricks the physio get him out into a chair and he immediately crawls back to bed so they come and get him out again.  I rang his brother who had inquired after his health but when I explained the circumstances he was gob smacked - this is not the brother he knows just as he is not the man I married.  Anyway enough of peering into my own naval.  

I have booked the car in for its MOT tomorrow at 10 am so fingers crossed that all goes well with that. I am also expecting a call from the gardeners this morning so I hope to get that arranged and I am going to get rid of the last of the ironing this morning so I have a clear run until the next lot comes crashing in.  Denzil cooked himself a steak for supper and both James and I slept soundly through.  I must admit I feel better for having a long sleep and let my troubled mind sort and filter the mess. James is under the weather and may be coming down with something he hasn't eaten in a couple of days and just wants to sleep so we are largely leaving him to his own devices but today I will force feed him as he need some sustenance.  I think if I put some scrambled eggs in front of him he will eat it.

Well that is the plan now lets see how much of it I can accomplish.......
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wenesday morning

Saturday Morning

Friday morning