Thursday Morning

The best laid plans often go astray and mine did yesterday.  I got well ahead making bit and pieces while I waited for my meat to arrive but sadly it didn't arrive until 6pm by which time I had lost all enthusiasm.  I have left it packed up in its box of ice and will deal with it this morning.  I didn't want to deal with it in a rush and make a mess of it so I thought it better to leave it alone and do it this morning when my mind is fresh and clear.  I have made several portions of sweet and sour sauce and I also made a ratatouille which I did properly cooking each of the ingredients separately and then combining them at the end.  It is a slow process but the results are well worth it.  The left over mash from the previous day was made into potato gnocchi and once boiled tossed in some brown butter and sage which we had with a piece of poached salmon for lunch.  Supper was a sausage sandwich with a danish pastry for desert.  No I didn't make the pastries Denzil had a little accident in the bakers.  They are made on the premises and the size of dinner plates and filled with apple, cinnamon and sultanas.

thank you google

Well according to the weather forecast we are in for a bit of heat coming up from the warmer southern countries so I am looking forward to being able to leave doors and windows open.  I still haven't had any luck with the search for a gardener but I am not giving up hope just yet.

Lunch today will be easy as I can select out something for lunch before I freeze the rest so I guess it will be some of the 5 kilos chicken breast with the ratatouille.  I have also been itching to try out a recipe for a coating made with equal quantities of panko bread crumbs, parmesan and polenta and instead of the usual egg dipping you just roll the pieces in some mayonnaise.  Then sprinkle with olive oil and bake in the oven until crispy.  Sounds good to me so I am going to give it a try.  Those of you who cook will realise that the mayo comes before the crumbs not in the order I have written.  I can only imagine the mess if you tried the other way around.

Well onward and upward it is a great day for laundry so I will get the machine going straight away then I can devote myself to the kitchen and the freezer.



Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday morning

Good morning early readers

Friday morning