Saturday morning

It is only just morning I had a night in two halves and have slept in really late having missed out on a large chunk of the night when I was up and awake.  The sun is blazing and it is 20 degrees it must be summer.  Mike seems to have got over his sickness and with that in mind I did a very light lunch of a bass filet simply cooked with some spinach so nothing to upset his digestion.  Then for supper I made what can only be called a cobbler except the topping was made with sourdough pikelets the filling was chicken breast with cream and mushrooms and I served it with purple sprouting broccoli.  No ill effects so I hope what ever upset him has passed.  

Today for lunch I have some feather-blade steaks which I intend to throw on a hot gridle pan and serve with a nice mixed salad.  Simple cooking for the chef!!!! Denzil is on an early shift so he should be home in time for lunch which makes my life a lot easier.  He also got paid so the family wallet is a bit fatter and we were all treated to another danish pastry.  I am so pleased for him it might be a job below his educational standard but he is happy driving round kent and getting paid for it.  It has been quite a struggle to get him back into work with his 10 year gap in Thailand.

Well as I am up so late I had better get my act together or there will be no lunch.  Have a good day all and enjoy the sunshine I know I will.


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wenesday morning

Saturday Morning

Friday morning