Thursday morning

What a lovely day it was yesterday wall to wall sunshine except one shower which caught my washing.  Mikes bedside light had given up the ghost and was making strange vibrations, we decided to not risk a bodged repair and set fire to the house.  So it was a trip to B&Q which is half a mile up the road and there we bought the perfect lamp a sort of mini angle-poise type but guess what the bulb cost more than the lamp.  Anyway Mike is happy and the lamp is just what he wanted so at least we got that bit right.  As we drew up outside the house we noticed our nice new neighbours have the house on the market.  This seems very strange as they have just spent shed loads of money on the property and have been there about 6 months.  I can only surmise that they have either had a stroke of good fortune or some major disaster.  If I see one of them I know that my curiosity will get the better of me.

I still have a couple of loads of washing to get through today and it looks like another good day for drying. It makes such a difference to dry stuff outside instead of draping it all around the house and it always smells so nice if it has had a blow in the fresh air; fewer creases and so easier ironing.  I don't know about you but we seem to have had a very long winter this year though it hasn't been particularly cold it has been very drab.

Yesterdays lunch was our weekly dose of oily fish so we had smoked mackerel and prawn salad on a toasted pitta bread for lunch and supper was the most magnificent burger made with wagyu burgers and some nice buns which were not sweet for a change.  We added out own accompaniments of raw onion, tomato, shredded lettuce, and sliced gherkins.  Each burger was topped with a slab of melted cheddar.  Eat your heart out McDonalds!!!!

On todays menu I have some chicken thighs and drumsticks but as yet have not decided how to prepare them.  As I have some lovely purple sprouting broccoli I might just simply roast them and serve it like a Sunday lunch with roast potatoes and gravy.  I need to get the laundry finished so I can't afford to spend too much time in the kitchen.  I was good yesterday and had breakfast and I am going to try again today.  I find it very difficult to eat when I first get up and I loath the normal stuff like cereal as it is all sweet stuff.  I think today will be toast and bovril easy quick and savoury and something to mop up the black coffee.   

That is the plan for the day exciting isn't it!!!!

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wenesday morning

Saturday Morning

Friday morning