Tuesday Morning

Good morning all yet another very chilly start to the day but at least it is dry according to the forecast it is due to get warmer and wetter as the week continues.  I did have a lovely chuckle yesterday as the council turned up and removed the tree which was such a thorn in the side of my previous neighbours.  We now have a big hole instead and I am not sure if they are going to replant or just pave over.  The road is an avenue so it should have trees but who knows what the council are up to.  

With my prepared vegetables it was a doddle to make a cottage pie for lunch and James did us a fry up for supper.  I had a kilo bag of mince so today the second half will be made into meatballs for later in the week.  I am running very low on coffee so tomorrow I will have to take a ride out to Faversham and buy some more, so I will also have the opportunity to stock up on some of the goodies they have on offer there.  The cheese counter is quite irresistible as they have a vast array of cheeses from all over Europe.

Todays menu is simple we have some spinach and ricotta ravioli for lunch and possibly a chicken and chip supper from the take away, depending how lazy I feel.  

I have been reading Joys bread making saga and am tempted to start making a sourdough starter and going back to making my own bread which kind of got put on hold when things got a bit crazy.  If I start if off today it will be at least 5 days before it is anywhere near ready to use.  But do I want to saddle myself with yet another job just now? Sadly our baker just up the road has finally closed so it would be nice to have some decent bread.  

Well thats about it for today I think it is just a day for pottering in the kitchen and also doing the stack of laundry which has piled up.  

Have a good day all and roll on the spring weather......

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wenesday morning

Saturday Morning

Friday morning