Thursday morning

Good morning all it is a murky dull and chilly day with not a glimmer of sun to be seen.  I had a lovely time yesterday with Sandy and we demolished our usual scramble egg breakfast along with some very decent coffee.  I also bought some goose eggs which we had for supper last night they take about 8.5 minutes to soft boil and the proportion of yolk to white is much larger than in hens eggs. They are so huge that I have to serve them in coffee cups as they are too large for any egg cup. Anyway delicious with lots of hot buttered toast soldiers.  

 Now that is what you call a boiled egg!!!!

I also bought a haunch of muntjac which is in the freezer until I am ready to deal with it.  I think I will probably braise it in a bottle of plonk and serve with mash and greens.  On todays menu we have meatballs for lunch and fish cakes for supper.  The meatball mixture has been sat in the fridge for 24 hours so the flavours have had time to mingle.  I have gallons of tomato sauce so I will probably serve them with pasta and tomato and the fish cakes will also have a side salad.

My sourdough is looking very healthy and is bubbling nicely this is day 3 of the 5 day preparation. Next I need to work out how much starter I need to make a loaf in the mean time it is just a case of feeding and watering my pet.  In lots of the recipes I have seen they tell you to throw away half the starter but I think I may just try frying it off a blinis and see what happens.  If they are inedible I will have lost nothing except a bit of time.

Ok time for a second cup of coffee and get this show on the road.  Have a good day even if it is miserable and cold.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wenesday morning

Saturday Morning

Friday morning