Monday morning

Pinch punch and all that here we are in February.  The weather has turned warm again and we are in double figures again.  We seem to be swinging from freezing to warm and back to freezing again all in the space of a couple of days.  Yesterday was a peaceful day but Dan managed to get himself covered in burrs so we had some fun with a de-matting comb which seems to be the only thing to remove them from his coat.  He tries to bite them out himself then ends up with them all stuck in his moustache.

I had some chard and broccoli that needed using up so for lunch I made broccoli and stilton soup followed by a boiled ham joint which we had with the chard in a nice cheese sauce.  There was sufficient ham left for sandwiches for supper.  The thermomix made the soup and the cheese sauce so there was very little for me to do.  Several loads of washing got done so now the house looks like a Chinese laundry.  Today the bedding is due for a wash and we have the respiratory nurses due to visit Mike between 9am and 2pm.  I fancy a nice sea food risotto for lunch and we have plenty of salad ingredients to go with it.  I really should make a menu plan but I just never seem to get round to it. Must try harder!!!! I seem to remember a few school reports which said the same thing.

I have been persevering with the knitting which is taking a while as the wool is 4ply and takes a while to grow.  The centre of the blanket is just stocking stitch so it is pretty boring but that is just what I need so I am not unhappy.  Once I have completed the centre I can then do some fancy crochet round the edges so it doesn't look like a large dish cloth. 

I will have to do some thinking about the garden if we are not moving, which seems to be likely, I will have to cover the vegetable beds so they done just grow weeds and as for the chicken run I have no idea what to do with that.  I think I will have to give Mark a ring and ask for his advice I don't want it to go to rack and ruin but on the other hand I don't want to have too much work.  I think I will keep the green house going as I do love fresh tomatoes.  The raspberries largely look after themselves as do the gooseberry bushes just a bit of pruning required.  Anyway it is all a bit early but it will need action before the weeds take over.

Well I think that is about it for this morning time to go and strip off the beds but not before I have had a second cup of coffee.  Have a great day all
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wenesday morning

Friday morning

Monday morning