Sunday morning

Good morning all - I can't believe we are in the final count down where does the time go.  I had a lovely chat with my friend and she had made pancakes with lemon and sugar for our breakfast meeting.  We have been friends since she came to clean for me aged 16 but telling everyone she was 18 since then she has had three children and is a happily married.  Christmas presents were swapped all of which are edible with the exception of some squeaky toys for the dogs.  Talking of the dogs my lovely clean Dan went out for a walk and managed to trip over his own feet and fall in the mud yet again.  

Denzil and I went to visit Mike and this new ward is a bit more lax on visiting times so we were able to get the car parked with little trouble as we were a bit early.  He was his usual miserable self and is only pleased to see us for about 5 minutes then he wants us to go which is all a bit depressing.  I can only hope that things change for the better once they get him to rehab.  I have a shrewd suspicion that he will be in the Medway for christmas which poses a bit of a problem for us.  There is no way I can cook a christmas lunch and visit him at the same time so I think I will leave his visit until the evening.  It used to be tradition on the surgical wards for the consultants to carve the turkey (not smart) cutting up people doesn't mean you can cut up a bird!!!!

I don't know if any of you watched "eat well for less" but I was interested that they suggested getting most of the stuff done in advance to make life easy.  I was chuffed as that is exactly what I do all my bits and bobs are in the freezer so all I need do is cook the bird and boil the sprouts everything else is a reheating job.  My only worry is the bird which is frozen something I have not done before but I think if I take it out of the freezer on Wednesday and put it in the fridge it should be defrosted by Friday.  Thursday night I will bring it indoors to get up to room temperature overnight in its brine. The brine doesn't get wasted as I pour it over the patio which kills the weeds.

Denny is coming tomorrow so I will need to have a bit of a tidy up.  I think this is one of the good things about having a cleaner it makes you keep the mess to a minimum. She only comes once a fortnight and you would be amazed at how much mess you can make in two weeks!!!  Currently my bedroom looks like a knitting shop with wool and needles strewn far and wide piles of paperwork have accumulated on any clear surface waiting to be dealt with at some point.

Well thats about it for this morning the four footed friends are clamouring for breakfast so time for more coffee.  Have a good day all.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday morning

Good morning early readers

Wenesday morning