Tuesday Morning

Well for the first time in ages it is dry but cloudy.  Fortunately Mark decided not to come considering it was so wet.  We took the dogs for a walk in the woods but it was very muddy underfoot.  However when we returned my friend Elaine had popped in for a cup of coffee and chat.  The chicken got put in the halogen oven and made good lunch for all of us together with some sweet potato wedges and the remains of the dauphinoise.  I had some pink fir apple potatoes which I made into a potato salad which we had with the cold chicken for supper and the carcass is in the slow cooker making a decent stock.  The first job this morning will be to clean the meat off the carcass for the dogs and strain the stock ready for use. The laundry is draped all around the house and there is still a machine load waiting to be dried so I think the tumble dryer will have to do its fair share of the work.

Today for lunch I am going to make a pizza hedgehog and then I will have to think of something else for supper.  Today looks like a fairly quiet day just pottering around and making a few phone calls in my secretarial capacity.  

I have just been contacted by the breeder in France who has another customer who lives in Kent and is looking for help getting the dog imported.  I have no problem bringing 2 dogs back with me which might be the easiest solution to the problem.  Anyway I have suggested that they put us in contact so we can thrash out the details.

Well thats about it for this morning I am very late starting as I had a bit of rough night and fell asleep finally at 4 am so now I am playing catch up.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good morning early readers

Friday morning

Friday morning