Tuesday morning

The hosta that I managed to save from the slugs is now in full bloom

Life is full of highs and lows and yesterday was a real low for me as I felt very unwell nothing I could put my finger on until I had a very cold drink in the pub and then I realised that one of my sinuses was playing up this was closely followed by a mega-headache and dose of the shivers so after my lunch out I took to my bed with a couple of paracetamol and cancelled dog training for the evening.  We had decided to sit in the pub garden for lunch but moments after our food was delivered the heavens opened and we had to dash inside.  I had been charging around all morning shopping, dog walking, doing the banking etc so I was in need of a rest.  I had been feeling ropy but you push through and hope things will improve but sadly I went down hill.  Anyway, James did some supper for us all and I finally fell asleep at around 10pm only to wake at 12 with screaming backache so more paracetamol and this morning I don't feel too bad however I think I will take it easy until I am sure I am better. Fortunately, I don't have any burning need to do any jobs today so I can please myself and rest up ready for shooting tomorrow.  I seems like ages since I have been shooting so I am really looking forward to it and according to the weather forecast it should be a nice day.

All this rain we have had has left the garden looking much better and cleaner. It was looking dusty messy but the rain has sorted that out.  I am itching to get the pond done but will have to wait until the end of the month.  We have no Denny today but I had already had a blitz around the house with the hoover and duster so it is not looking too bad.  Though I hate leaving the ironing it can wait until I am feeling stronger so I will concentrate on just providing lunch and dinner.  My veg box is due today and the contents will give me some ideas.
  • broad beans 
  • wet garlic bunch 
  • kohlrabi 
  • pointed cabbage 
  • red batavia/green batavia 
  • red pepper 
  • green pepper 
  • avocados 
  • portobello mushrooms 
  • basil 40g (free) 
The wet garlic and peppers will make a nice gazpacho and the free basil will make pesto for some pasta. Today I am going to make a potato salad to have with cold meats for lunch so I had better get on and boil the spuds if they are to be cold for lunch.  Have a good day all and lets hope we have a rain free day today and tomorrow.  
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday morning

Good morning early readers

Wenesday morning