Friday morning

Well here we are at the end of another week and according to the weather forecast we are due for 30ºC +.  The guy who is doing the pond and fitting the new filtration system called yesterday evening to say he could start at 9.30 this morning - better him than me.  I will just have to keep an eye on him as I don't fancy taking him to hospital with heat stroke.  I made a big jug of lemonade with two lemons yesterday which went down very well and took moments to make in the Thermomix.  I think another jug could well be in order for today.  Many thanks Anne for the recipe for the chicken which sounds really lovely and nothing like the lemon flavoured wallpaper paste that usually comes from the takeaways.  Going back to the weather we are due for big storms tomorrow so lets hope most of the ground work gets done today.  It will take quite a while just to pump out 20,000 gallons of water and keeping the fish alive will be a bit of a game I am sure.  

None of us felt much like eating yesterday so we made do with salad sandwiches for lunch and for dinner still not really hungry we had a venison burger each and some porcini mushrooms that I sliced and fried with some parsley and garlic.  I think today will be a similar story so the crab pate I bought in Aldi will do nicely with some melba toast and a green salad.  Supper will be a bowl of vegetable soup which should keep body and soul together.  I must admit the thought of cooking in this heat is not very appealing.  

I also need to return my software to Amazon as the discs are unreadable and don't even register when I put them in the computer.  Initially I thought it might be a problem with the DVD drive but it reads other discs fine so I can only assume that the discs are defective.  I think I will ask them if I can exchange the discs for the downloadable version which might make things a bit easier.  Don't you just hate computer problems!!!!

Well I am going to get my iron going while it is still relatively cool and get the laundry finished and out of the way then it will be on with the soup for supper.  Thereafter it will be a case of lounging around waiting for the heat to dissipate.  This is when I wish I had a swimming pool as there is no better way to cool down than in the water.  However I know people who do have pools and they are shed loads of work so no thank you.

Have a good day and keep cool especially if you have to work........

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wenesday morning

Saturday Morning

Friday morning