Sunday morning

Sunday morning and it is hosing down with rain I got a fair amount of laundry dry yesterday but I still have a machine load to go. So I guess the tumble dryer will be put to work today as the rain is due for the day and tomorrow also.


Spring is really here and next doors amelanchier is in full bloom as are many of the black thorn bushes which bodes well for some sloes this autumn.  Everyones gardens look lovely with the spring bulbs doing really well.  They obviously didn't mind all the wet weather we had over the winter.  As yet my vegetable plot is sitting unloved but I have rather too much to do at the moment and the garden has had to take a back seat.  I am hoping that Mark will be able to give me a few hours towards the end of April which will knock the garden into shape so it doesn't look such a mess.  The only thing doing really well at the moment are the weeds.  

We had a lovely lunch of pork chops with sage and onion stuffing cauliflower and leeks and followed it with one of the panna cottas and for supper the boys did a full english breakfast which went down very well.  We are almost at the end of our own eggs and I will have to buy some this week to keep us going.  Once I am back from my holiday I will reinstate the hens as I really do feel the lack of them.  I also find myself having to throw away food which would normally go to the hens.  Dogs really are not interested in potato peelings!!!!

Today for lunch we are intending to have some pot sticker dumplings with sweet chili sauce and for supper it will be a nice salad of some kind or maybe corned beef hash.  I really need to get my head around the fact that I am away as from Friday so I would like to make a big batch of bolognese sauce which will do for the boys for the odd meal.  

Anyway time to get the tumble dryer going then hopefully that is this weeks washing done and dusted.  The new shower is really lovely and we have all tried it out.  It is a bit of a tight squeeze but adequate for what it is intended.  The good thing is that I have blinds which can make the back of the house very private so you can walk around in a towel without being in full view of the neighbours.  Our mean spirited neighbours have been away for a while which has been lovely but sadly they are now back and treating us to very hard stares of course we are quaking in our boots!!!!!!

Anyway thats about it for today I am off into the dark and the rain to my laundry shed to get that underway.  Have a good day all and enjoy the last of the weekend.


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good morning early readers

Friday morning

Friday morning