Sunday morning

First Marjorie, the answer to your question is that Basso only has to have a good shake with a slobbery face and and the 9 foot 6 inch ceilings get a spray.

What a lovely day we had yesterday our lovely friends arrived at about 3pm and we had the most wonderful time chatting over old times.  It is amazing that you can take up with true friends almost as if you had seen them yesterday even though it has been over 20 years since we last saw each other.  The tea went down really well and to my delight the whole cake got consumed so that is one problem solved.  We had had a meager lunch so we were delighted to eat bread and cake.  Now my only problem is what to do with the leftover cream.  Part of it has been whipped to soft peaks but I am going to put the remains in the freezer out of harms way.  I don't know how it will fair but I am going to give it a go.   The weather was cool and kind with no rain and none of the oppressive heat of the previous days.  

Today the temperature is right down to 14ÂșC so very cool and very pleasant and we need to get back onto the wagon it is very tempting to continue eating nice things but we have not yet reached our goal so it is back to protein and vegetables only.  As luck would have it I have some of the Aldi sirloin steaks which we will have for lunch with a big mixed salad and as for supper I don't have the faintest idea.  No doubt something will occur to me during the day.  

I had managed to do all my chores before the guests arrived so today it is back to the grind and time to give the beds a change and get the sheets through the machine.  I think today will be a good day for laundry as tomorrow we are forecast heavy rain.  I had a bit of a tidy in the garden but there is still lots more to do when Mark comes on Tuesday after which he is off to Italy on holiday.  

Yesterday a plant catalogue arrive and on first inspection I decided that I wanted one of everything they all look so lovely but I need to have a good think of where the plants are going to go.  It is all very well ordering stuff but then you have to find a place to plant it.  There is a lovely group of bearded irises which look really lovely and I have one bed which needs clearing out so they will go there nicely.



Who could resist these?  Then there are some winter pansies for my window boxes.


Oh dear so much lovely stuff!!!!  I used to find shoes and books irresistible but now it it flowers.

Anyway have a good day all and enjoy the cooler weather.......


2 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday morning

Good morning early readers

Wenesday morning