Thursday Morning

Yesterday morning, as the first of the month, I had a pile of things to do; Meters to read, dogs ears to powder, knives to sharpen and finally statements to download. That done I was free to go shooting the lunch was all but ready and James was going to put the final touches to that.  The shooting ground was quite crowded when we arrived.  Apparently we were not the only ones who thought it as a good day to shoot.  Anyway, I shot really badly on the first few stands until I go my eye in when things improved somewhat.  It was a beautiful day and in the sun I got quite hot in my shooting jacket.  Lunch was fine and the pancakes with leeks and parma ham were tasty without being majorly filling.  James had made a white sauce in the thermo and then sprinkled the top with parmesan and breadcrumbs before putting it in the oven to brown.

I have been in a bit of a dilemma as to what to grow in the trough outside the patio doors I was thinking of herbs as it is close to the kitchen.  However the decision was made for me, apparently I am growing terriers!!!!


As you can see Nip has decided that the trough is a day bed or sun lounger.  When I put plants in it I will have to make sure I put a few sticks in to stop a certain person from using it!!!! or I really will have FLAT leaf parsley.

Today James and I are going shooting skeet at Dartford and we will be having lunch at the club house which serves greasy spoon type food - you know anything fried with chips.....  Mike is staying at home so he will be having some toast and pate for lunch then I think we had better have something fairly healthy for supper.  Though at the moment I have no idea what.  My veg box had lots of lettuce in it so whatever it is will be with salad.

It is still pretty chilly this morning at 4ÂșC but the sun is shining so it should warm up as the day wears on.

Have a good day all and enjoy the sun even if it is through the windows.....
1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday morning

Good morning early readers

Wenesday morning