Monday morning

Well it is a bank holiday and the sun is shining - what a strange occurrence!


We are so used to having a deluge on a bank holiday that this makes quite a change.  Yesterday was one of bits and pieces.  I prepared the rabbit for lunch and I must pass on the recipe as it is by far the best rabbit recipe I have ever found.  It is called Rabbit san Angelo and comes from a very old Antonio Carluccio book.


  • 1 rabbit jointed or boned and cut into chunks
  • 1 tin chopped tomatoes
  • 1 glass wine
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1 sprig rosemary
  • seasoned flour
  • Oil for frying


Dust the joints/chunks in seasoned flour and brown in a pan making sure not to crowd the pan so that the pieces catch a bit of colour. Add the crushed clove of garlic and allow to cook for a few moments then tip on the tin of tomatoes and the glass of wine.  Add the sprig of rosemary and cover with a lid then simmer for an hour until the meat is very tender.  Serve with either mash or polenta and a big green salad.  If you are not a rabbit fan I see no reason why it would not work equally well with chopped chicken breast.

I actually boned the rabbit as it makes for easier for eating and served with polenta made in the thermomix.  This is one of those recipes that is better than the sum of the parts very simple but very tasty and very easy. Given that the rabbit cost under £3 it made an excellent and cheap meal for the three of us.

Today Sandi and David are coming bringing their two dogs so we are hoping to have a walk down by the river. High tide is at 11am so I am anticipating a car full of wet dogs on the return journey.  I will be making a cold lunch of assorted salads and cold meats which will be easy to serve.  However, I need to get going on the potato salad if it is to be cold when we come to eat it.  

I stocked up on cold meat at Aldi yesterday where I went specifically to buy some duct tape which was on special offer.  I work on the principle that if you have a roll at the ready nothing will ever break!!!!  I also bought some of the French jars of pate that they have on offer.  They are a really useful stand by and make an adequate supper with some nice toasted bloomer.  

Anyway I had better go and get on with the spud bashing if I am to be ready for my guests.  Have a good day what ever you have planned.



1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good morning early readers

Friday morning

Friday morning