Tuesday morning

Yesterday was a glorious sunny and warm day.   It really felt like we have turned a corner and are heading for spring.  I took the opportunity to give the hens a good clean out and picked them a couple of handfulls of hairy bitter cress which is growing in profusion in the green house.  I know that I could have eaten it myself but decided to give it to the hens instead.  It is nice to do a bit of weeding then give the weeds to the hens.


For lunch we had a sea food risotto which I was a bit exuberant with and so there was a portion left for the dogs supper.  We on the other hand had bacon and eggs as it was quick and easy.  I was going to make a loaf of bread but discovered that I was clean out of yeast so it will have to wait until I have done some shopping today.  I have then planned to make a meat loaf with mozzarella in the middle but again I am short of some ingredients.  Must go shopping!!!!!

Having just spent a small fortune on some new bedding last night was the first time I had my bed made up with the 500 thread egyptian cotton and my silk duvet.  Well let me tell you, it was all worth it.  The cotton is like satin to the touch but retains some of its crispness and to slip into a freshly made bed is one of my true pleasures in life.  If it were not down to me to do the laundry I would have a fresh bed every night.  The garden birds are very pleased with me as I groomed Basso in the garden and they have been busy collecting the lovely soft fur to line their nests with.  At first I thought I would have to go round and collect it myself but soon noticed that there were others who could make use of the fluff which saved me a job.


I finished off the baby blanket and have started to crochet one of the lovely tops that Joy found.  At first I thought I would have to give these items to a charity shop but I have just found out that the wonderful Jane's daughter is expecting a baby so I can off load these items which I have made mainly to keep my hands occupied and to have a break from knitting socks.

This morning seems cloudy and overcast with quite a sharp wind blowing but at least it is warm and dry so no complaints from me.  In fact it is ideal gardening weather so I may try to get out in the garden for an hour or two once the cooking is underway.

Anyway first things first I must get out to the shops as early as possible so that I can get on with the cooking.  Tesco is open 24 hours so there is no excuse to hang around.  Have a good day all and lets hope we have said goodbye to the nasty cold weather.  I spoke too soon it is now raining :(
1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday morning

Good morning early readers

Wenesday morning