Thursday morning

Yesterday was not quite such a lovely day in that it was cloud covered rather than sunny but it was warm and pleasant. The shooting party turned up as usual and first there was an exchange of knitted gifts.  Shiona had finished my lion hat which is going to be so warm for dog walking and I gave her her pair of mittens.  Jeff was persuaded to try the hat on but didn't know that James had his camera at the ready!!!!


We went off shooting and acquitted ourselves reasonably the shooting ground was not as crowded as usual so we got around fairly quickly.  We went in Jeffs new Jaguar which was quite a treat.  It has so many bells and whistles you need a pilots licence to operate all the buttons.  Then it was back home for some pheasant breast with cream and mushroom and served on a bed of rice.  By the time everyone left I was shattered so fortunately supper was already prepared and we had some salmon pate with toast and bit of cucumber salad.  

Today we have some shopping to do and then I want to go to Faversham and collect the new hens so quite an exciting day.  James is in charge of food today and we are going to be treated to a Mexican meal for which he has bought all the ingredients.  


I must confess that I have bought two recipe books from Amazon one by Rosemary Shrager whose recipes I like and also one by Monica Galetti who is Michel Rouxs' sous chef.  I think I am going to have some fun in the kitchen with these when they arrive.






I will let you know how I get on and if there are any recipes that you should try....


3 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good morning early readers

Friday morning

Friday morning