Wednesday Morning

It is silly o'clock and I am wide awake, no one to blame but myself as I dosed off early last night.  Yesterday was a struggle.  I was not in the mood and had to push myself all the way.  The dogs got their walk but it was just a chore and jolly cold.  I did accomplish what was on my to-do list but none of it was done willingly.  I hate it when I feel like that, all I really wanted to do was go to bed and pull the duvet over my head.  Thank goodness I have some responsibilities or that is exactly what I would have done.  

Mike had a foray to B&Q and bought a galvanised dustbin which should keep the rubbish safe from our furry friends in the garage.  Let's see them try and get in there!!! I am hoping that if we can make sure there is nothing to eat that they will go somewhere else.


There is quite a lot of food in the garage but it is safely in the freezer or in jars and tins so not available.  The bin men are due tomorrow so the bin bags will go to the garage this evening and hopefully tomorrow morning when I go to put them out they will still be in one piece rather than shredded and scattered far and wide.  

Today I have the left overs from the leg of lamb to deal with so a shepherds pie or two will be the oder of the day.  They will go straight in the freezer as we have a cauliflower cheese which we didn't eat yesterday and a pie made with the leftovers of the cornish pasties.  After so many days of feasting we are all feeling a bit jaded so simple meals and reduced quantities are in order.  However I have seen a recipe in the book I was given for Christmas which does appeal to me.  It is basically a beef stew but you then take most of the gravy and pour it over some part cooked macaroni, cover with a healthy dose of parmesan and bake and serve with the meat and vegetables from the stew.  Well it makes a change from potatoes!!!

Today I will also get rid of the last of the Christmas decorations which should make the spring cleaning a bit easier.  Actually the house is not too bad as I had a purge before the holidays but it is the inside of the cupboards that wants a good going over and sorting out.  I have yet to find a sensible way to store all my plastic containers and they end up in an unholy chaotic mess.  The sizes all get jumbled up and the lids scattered hither and yon.  Am I alone with this problem? If you have any suggestions please let me know.  I need all the help I can get.

Well that about it for today I think I am going to try and get a couple more hours of sleep but first I will finish the last of the ironing - I sleep better with a clear conscience ......


2 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wenesday morning

Friday morning

Monday morning