Friday but not the 13th


Just when you think it is safe to breath the world comes crashing down round your ears.  Yesterday started well the freezing temperatures and fog gave way to a day bathed in sunshine. I pumped off a couple of loaves of bread and James set off to work as usual but by 12 o'clock he was back, disaster had struck.  While he was on a job delivering documents to a place in High Holborn he had been required to remove all his motor cycle gear and and pass through metal detectors.  He left his helmet phone etc with the security guard and tried to deliver the documents.  There was no one to receive the papers so after waiting 20 minutes he decided to phone the office for further instructions only to find that his mobile phone had been stollen.  The security guard said he should phone the police which he did and while he waited for them to attend he was given a parking ticket.  After 45 minutes he decided to return to the office as there was no sign of any police.  When he explained what had happend the boss just said "well in that case we will have to let you go" as a self employed courier that was a bit of a joke.  So he arrived home minus a £400 phone and a job but with a £60 parking ticket.  Needless to say he was also in the slough of despair!!!  In my capacity as PA I set too and made phone calls and wrote letters contesting the parking ticket.  We got the phone reported stollen but he will still have to pay the monthly charge on the phone contract and they will not replace the phone.  Was it insured? you ask, of course not, people who really need insurance can seldom afford it.  The only small light at the end of the tunnel is that the phone should be backed up to the cloud and he should be able to retrieve his numbers once we can replace the phone.  Have we got a crime number? No the police have not bothered to respond.  So today I am going to try and sort out the security guard situation as I feel they bear some responsibility for the theft after all the items were in their care.

It is two in the morning and I am up unable to sleep there is too much going on in my head to let me sleep.  James is at his friends house so I guess the dogs will get a pork chop and swede for breakfast: at least it will not go completely to waste.  So it seems it is a case of three steps forward and four back.  My trip to the cinema got put on hold yet again and I don't suppose I will get there today either.  Perhaps I will just have to wait for it to come out on DVD.  Living in this house is like living on a live volcano every time the phone rings my blood turns to ice.  I am aware that this is only a minor tragedy in the great scheme of things but it still needs to be sorted out and it is tiring going from one disaster to another but at least it is not boring!!!! 


 "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate", or "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here"  In my next life I am coming back as a dog!!!!





 
 
2 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday morning

Good morning early readers

Wenesday morning