Tuesday Morning

No olives but the tree is surviving.  It was very nearly dead when I inherited it and with some TLC it is beginning to flourish once more.  I think it will be a very long time before we make our own olive oil!!!
Yesterday was again a day of sunshine and showers but quite chilly with a strong wind blowing and you could have been forgiven for thinking it was October.

We had the gravadlax for lunch with mustard sauce and cucumber salad which we had with rye bread.  I don't often buy rye bread and every time I do some how I hope I am going to like it but I never do.  So the majority ended up in the dogs bowls and the chicken run.  For supper we just grazed on the panzanella salad and left over gravadlax together with an elephant garlic that I had roasted in the halogen  oven.  You will be pleased to know that I finally made an appointment and went to see my GP and have got myself referred to a physiotherapist.  I am hoping to get an exercise regimen that will strengthen my core muscles to help maintain my back correctly and thus reduce the pain.  At present I am in downward spiral of backache preventing exercise and so weakening the muscles and creating more pain.

Today I am due to go dog training bright and early and the wonderful Jane is due to come and give the house the once over.  It is amazing to think that last week it was hotter than hell for dog training and today it will be quite chilly.  I was keen to start the Dukan diet but with all the chaos it has to be put on the back burner for a while and once my life has settle down again I can give it my full attention.  I think the hardest part for me will be abandoning carbohydrates which I love.  I find it quite difficult to eat protein on its own with out the carbs to help it down.  Perhaps that is the general idea!!!!

Anyway enjoy the sunshine but do take an umbrella as I think we are in for another day of sharp showers.


1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good morning early readers

Friday morning

Friday morning