Thursday morning

I am up later than usual this morning but that is all to the good as I had the most horrid night.  I just couldn't sleep at all and was still fidgeting about at 2am which has resulted in me feeling like a dish cloth this morning.  Not the best frame of mind for shooting so lets hope the copious cups of coffee steady the ship.

All our little chores got done yesterday, the garden table has been dismantled and the top sanded and put in the garage so that I can give it a couple of coats of linseed oil.  The dishwasher is now on a nice white plinth instead of a block of wood, the cupboard door is swinging nicely on its hinges and I have a new outside tap.  Gary is a real treasure when it comes to doing small jobs and it would be so difficult to organise anyone to come and do such trivial bits and pieces.  
For lunch yesterday we had a real treat - boiled eggs with asparagus soldiers - the first of the English asparagus is coming on stream so it is time to pig out on it while the season lasts.  By the beginning of June it will all be over!!!  For supper I cooked a couple of Barnsley chops in Hal which we had with spuds and spring greens and some of last years redcurrant jelly.  I am still amazed at how quickly things are cooked.  Today we will be having one of the macaroni cheese dishes that I made and froze with a tomato salad and for desert we are going to have rhubarb from the garden cooked with stem ginger and topped with a good splash of cream.  


In this picture you can just see the edge of a bench which is all covered in green mould which is what I was scrubbing down when I discovered that the outside tap was dead.  I can't get over how fortunate I was to make this discovery just when Garry was due, under normal circumstances I would have found the problem just after he had left!!!!!

Well I don't have time to hang around this morning I need to get going and make a few preparations before Shiona and Jeff arrive, the dogs are clamouring for their breakfast which is late and I still need to get myself through the shower and iron something to wear!!!!!
Have a good day all even though it is still very cold.....
 
2 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday morning

Good morning early readers

Wenesday morning