Friday morning

Yesterday was still very misty and cold here but it made our walk with the dogs kind of magical as it altered all the perspectives.  I set to and made some cauliflower cheese which is divided into boxes and in the freezer.  Len and Margaret arrived and were pleased to be in the warm their boiler is playing up and they have been without heating for a couple of days.  Being cold makes life really miserable!!!!however the boiler man was due at 3pm so they were happy to go out to lunch.  We had a very nice pub lunch and I had a really lovely Irish stew, in honour of St Patrick's day, which came with carrots, purple sprouting brocolli and light fluffy dumplings and a pint of Guinness £7.50 well you really can't complain at that!!!!! As we had had such a substantial lunch we just had bacon sandwiches for supper and I grilled the bacon in the halogen oven which was so much quicker that using the grill in the oven which takes and age to get hot.
James rang when he got home from Hendon, he had managed to down load the music I sent him using Rapid share which is all very easy - you just up load a file and it gives you a URL address which you then cut and paste into an e mail and send.  The recipient just goes to the URL and downloads the file which means you can send anything anywhere very easily.  Ann, I already use drop box but only between my computer and my iPad I must admit I had not thought of using it any further afield.  I will have to investigate how that works.
Today I have a relatively free day, with the exception of a bit of shopping which needs doing I can just potter around.  Shiona is coming on Sunday and we are going to have a go at cooking a duck in the new oven which should be fun.  I bought the duck some time ago when they were going cheap in Tesco but I had better remember to get it out of the freezer on Saturday or we will have problems.
I also really need to get some laundry done - I have been putting it off all week as the weather has not be good for drying but there comes a point when it can wait no longer.
I have made a new resolution and that is to brush Basso every day.  He absolutely hates it and fights me all the way.  Fortunately, I am just strong enough to hold him and I am hoping to habituate him to it by constant repartition.  He has hated it since day one and I have not pressured him but the time has come for him to learn once and for all which means dedication and consistency on my part.  Wish me luck!
Well that's about it for this morning have a good day all...
3 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday morning

Good morning early readers

Wenesday morning