Friday morning


Not much is moving even the post man didn't make it through yesterday.  It snowed all day and we now have approximately 2 feet but according to the weather forecast things should start to improve over the weekend.  We cancelled all our arrangements for the weekend the shoot seems to be a bit risky to say the least.  Shiona is marooned in Goudhurst and we cancelled lunch with Len and Margaret on Sunday.  Today the guy is due to come and shampoo the carpets but I don't think he will be able to make it through so I am assuming that that too is off.
Basso, Nip, Tuc and I had a bit of a lark around in the garden, the two small dogs like snow balls but Basso just wants to run and jump in the snow.  The little dogs come in with clean wet feet but the big boy comes in with white snow boots on which slowly melt on to the floor leaving puddles in the kitchen and on the carpet.  There is no point worrying about it but you do need to be careful not to slip in the kitchen.
We are due for a day free of falling snow so I think it is time I got the car dug out and ventured to the shops.  Apparently yesterday the SavaCentre [Sainsbury] was completely out of bread.  Not a problem for us I made a loaf over night so we are fine.  I must remember to lay in some UHT milk as that is always useful and not noticeable in white sauce etc..  I drink my coffee black so we actually use very little milk and the large bottle I bought has seen us through.  For lunch yesterday we had a rabbit pie each with leeks and flat green beans and for supper we had sausage sandwiches with lashings of sautéed onions in.  Today we are going to have mince and potatoes for lunch and bacon sandwiches for supper.  I cooked the mince yesterday so there is very little to do in the kitchen today unless I get the ingredients to make my turkey stuffing and gravy.
Basso has just come in from the garden where he has been using his nose as a snow plough - first move to dump the lot in my lap - I am so grateful!!!! Just what I needed....
I notice you are all to polite to inquire if I have done my wardrobe yet, sadly it keeps getting demoted on the to do list and remains full of summer clothes.  There always seems a more appealing job on the horizon today I have a pile of ironing which should keep me occupied for a little while then I am sure I will find another pressing job that needs to be done. Snow shovelling perhaps!!!!!
1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday morning

Good morning early readers

Wenesday morning