Friday morning

Yesterday was a wild day with lots of rain and strong winds - so much so that they closed the QE2 bridge at Dartford and lorries were blown over on the roads near Dover.  The bad weather has continued over night though at the moment it is calm.

The chaps came at around 10am to plumb in the dishwasher which took them no more that 15 minutes then it was down to me to get it up and running.  The first problems is that the machine is a polyglot and was speaking German so I had to get it to function in the right language, there are 19 to choose from!!!  Fortunately, the instruction manual is written for idiots so I stood some chance.  Anyway, to cut a very long story short it is now up and running on all the right settings.  Somehow it seems to be a TADIS with internal dimensions bigger than the outside.  It has a half load facility along with loads of other programs that I expect I will seldom if ever use.  There was one added benefit to all this upheaval I had to empty the cupboard under the sink so that the men could get to the plumbing which meant it got a clean and some of the stuff got booted out so it is all nice and tidy now.

The post man also delivered a boot bag that I had ordered very cheaply from Amazon - I was a little worried that it would be too small or poor quality as it was so cheap but was very pleasantly surprised.  My boots fit in beautifully and there is room for other bits and bobs as well so I will no longer fill the car with mud when I have been out and about.

Today we are expecting Len and Margaret for lunch but Margaret rang last night to say she is full of cold and is concerned for Mike so we have left it that she will ring me this morning and confirm if they are coming.  This leaves me with a bit of a dilemma as I got the pies out of the freezer last night along with the leek and potato soup. However, I don't think there will be a problem as Mike and I can eat them over the next couple of days or once cooked I can return some to the freezer.  I will however hold off on the vegetable preparation until I know how many we are to be.  The individual cheese cakes are part made and I am sure we will manage to deal with any left overs.   Besides Mike will need some grub for tomorrow when Basso and I are out earning a crust!!!!  I have been keeping a close eye on the weather forecast and it looks like Saturday will be OK for which I am very grateful as I don't fancy another complete soaking.  However, the ground is going to be pretty wet and boggy not to mention slippery so I must try to stay vertical this time.

I hope the weather doesn't disrupt your day too badly and that you manage to stay dry......

Popular posts from this blog

Good morning early readers

Friday morning

Friday morning