Tuesday morning and bucketing down

Yesterday went largely according to plan - first a trip to the butcher where I bought a large amount of skirt for stews and also plenty of mince which will end up as bolognese, cottage pie, meat balls and plain mince.  then it was on to walk the dogs and finally home via the vegetable farm shop to restock on onions and mushrooms. Then home to prepare Kidneys Turbigo with mash and peas for lunch which we had to have nice and early as the men were coming to measure us up for the solar panels.  I also bought some liver to make liver cake for the dogs.  Liver is too strong for them to eat in any quantity so the liver cake is an excellent idea as I use it as treats.  It is not too unpleasant to make as I put the liver straight into the food processor and blitz then add a head of garlic a large cup of wholemeal flour and an egg.  The batter is then poured into a square silicone mould and cooked at 180 for about an hour - Once cool it can be divided into bite sized pieces and put in the freezer.
The measuring of the panels went well and as it turned out we have only room for 20 not 24 panels which needed some re-negotiating of price.  For those of you of a technical mind the inverter which changes the current from DC to AC will be situated in the attic room while the actual meter will be with our current meter under the stairs where it will be easy for us to see and check.  All the cabling will be hidden so we will not end up with wires all over the place.  I was very interested that the men took photos of where everything has to go so that the installers know exactly how to arrange things.  Once they were on their way it was off to bed for a siesta and catch up on the TV I had missed the night before.
This morning when I woke it was pouring with rain and blowing a gale and having fallen asleep in the middle of "spooks" I will be watching it on the iPad while I prepare the stew.  There is a nice pile of ironing from yesterdays laundry session so I have plenty to keep me occupied for the next few hours.  Tomorrow the new coffee machine arrives and not a moment too soon I can't tell you how much I have missed my espresso which gets me going in the morning.  We are starting to implement the new dishwasher regimen and run it at lunch time rather than in the evening but this is a bit of a bummer for me as it now falls to me to empty it in the afternoon before I can do the supper as it invariably contains some item or utensil that I need.
Well that's about it for this morning time I had another cup of mediocre coffee and got on with chopping onions for the stew......

Popular posts from this blog

Friday morning

Good morning early readers

Wenesday morning