Friday morning

It is still pretty chilly here but not quite as cold as yesterday and still no frost, I think we are blessed as we are so close to the coast we always seem to be a couple of degrees warmer in the winter and a couple of degrees cooler in the summer.  We had a really lovely day yesterday shooting. We started off with a round of skeet.  You can just see the clay as it emerges from the top tower where the white triangle is.  The clays travel so fast it is very difficult to catch them with a camera, almost as difficult as it is to hit them with a shot gun!!!  We followed this with a round of sporting which was marred by two things one we could not shoot the easier stands as there was some sort of corporate jolly and they were using all the easiest stands and two we shot really badly on the more difficult stands which were available to us.  However, as you can see it was a glorious sunny day if a bit windy and very cold [thank heavens for long Johns].  We came home for lunch and I made a big bowl of tagliatelle bolognese which was just the job as we were all starving - the left overs made supper for Mike and I as I added a couple of eggs and made a pasta omelet/tortilla with some sliced tomatoes on the top.  I had finally made my pies and got them into the, now gowning, freezer before we went shooting.
Today, we are expecting Len and Margaret to come and test the coffee machine then we will take the dogs for a blast and find a pub for lunch.  Shiona is arriving later with her two dogs and staying overnight as she has a hair appointment first thing tomorrow morning.  We may then get stuck in to making some hare pate as there will be two of us.  It is always nice to have a hand with a major task in the kitchen.  Now I need to think what to have for supper for the three of us tonight and also for lunch tomorrow.
It always amazes me that when we look ahead there seems to be a completely blank week ahead of us but by Monday night the whole week is filled with things to do and people visiting.  Still I am not complaining as I do bore easily and I thrive on a bit of chaos.  It is also gratifying that people keep coming back for more despite being slobbered on by Basso so I must be doing something right.  We only have one rule and that is don't wear decent clothes when you come to us!!!!!  This is a brilliant rule as it means that I don't have to dress up either.
Have a good day all and I hope the essay went well Anne you really are a glutton for punishment.  when I finished my degree I swore blind that I would never read anything but Mills and Boon from then on.  However I couldn't quite bring myself to keep this resolution......
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good morning early readers

Friday morning

Friday morning