Friday morning


I guess you will be wondering what on earth this photo is?  Well this is my gun cabinet which has to meet all sorts of restrictions with regard to positioning hence the very odd placement.  But why the photo you ask, well the answer is simple every now and again Mike runs round the house and photographs the contents.  The idea is that if we should be burgled we have proof that we did own the item concerned even if we cannot find the bill/receipt etc.  We also scan our credit cards and keep a photo of them to remind us of the details if we should loose them.
Yesterday was an excellent day we all met up for coffee and blueberry muffins.  Then it was off to Dartford shooting club for a bit of skeet shooting.  I was not unhappy with my shooting and managed to get at least some of the clays on each stand.  Once we had finished we retired to the club house and had a burger and chips - well actually we shared two portions of chips between the four of us.  The lady that takes the money has a dog who is always with her.  His name is Frank and he is a labradoodle [cross between a labrador and a poodle] and he and Basso love nothing better than to have a good game of chase so I always take him with me.  While they were cavorting around another of the shooters came up to me and asked if I ever took him to Larkfield Park - Well as it happened I have only been there once and that was the previous week.  Apparently his son had seen Basso and I and told his Dad who immediately recognised me from shooting.  It is a very small world and you never know who is watching you!!!!
The man from the computer shop turned up as arranged at 3pm and as I suspected the problem is with the windows 7 software and would really require a complete clean install to correct it.  This is something I am not happy to do, so by way of a compromise we have connected the printer wirelessly and I can operate the scanner from the iPad which will do for the time being.  There are no other problems with the machine so it feels a bit like a sledge hammer to crack a nut and no doubt there will be an upgrade to windows 7 before too long.
Today I am due to go to the hairdresser as I am in desperate need of a cut and blow dry before I go on my holiday next week.  And looking at the long range weather forecast it could be fine for the whole week!!!  Now on to the eternal problem - I have some chicken wings which I am going to roast with some maple syrup and make sticky wings.  I also have two romero peppers so I think a pepperonata for supper would be nice.  Right that takes care of that now all I have to do is clear up the kitchen before I start.  I was so tired last night that I left it in a mess, so serve me right!!!!
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good morning early readers

Friday morning

Friday morning