Friday morning

Rubinia pseudo-acacia Frizia my beautiful tree which is due for a hair cut today...
Firstly many thanks for the good wishes I am delighted to announce that I have a clean bill of health.  My eye cleared in the last 48 hours and I am now back to my 20/20 vision an no more vinegar eye drops for me.
Yesterday was a bit of a right off with regard to the spring cleaning as the drops they put in my eye to see the macula leave me with a huge pupil and consequent distorted vision.  They take a good 6 hours to wear off.  I was also delighted to find out that if and when the other eye goes I can bypass the initial part of the process and go directly to the hospital as I am now on their books.
Today we are expecting the tree surgeon to arrive at about 9 am and he is going to take down the crown of the tree which we are trying to keep small rather than let it make a very tall specimen.  This means my first job is to de-dog poo the garden so the men can work in safety.  It looks like another wonderful day with a clear sky dotted with light puffy white clouds.  I still have a few chores on my list for cleaning but I reckon by the weekend to be more or less finished.
In the garden my borlotti beans are almost ready to pick and once they are done I will have a couple of beds to make ready for the broad beans, garlic and onions which are due to be planted ready to over winter.  I am still picking runner beans, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries and figs.  It is lovely at this time of year as all the hard work comes to fruition and it is very satisfying to come back down the garden with an armful of vegetables and fruit.  I also have some bulbs which will need planting as soon as I have finished the tomatoes that are growing in the window boxes.  I have quite a carpet of thyme in the green house which I thought I would pick and dry for use over the winter.  If I leave it the hens will eat it all so it will need to be dealt with before they are loosed in their winter quarters.
Now that my eye is back to normal I can also get going with some shooting but sadly my brother in law that I usually shoot with is having a knee operation today so he is going to be laid up for a while.  However I may just take myself off on my own and get in some practice.
Now on to the food problem - I fancy a mixed sea food risotto for lunch today and I have a packet of frozen fish in the freezer so it will be a doddle.  For dinner I fancy a salmon Nicoise salad which will use up some of the vegetable I have lying around.
Well that about it for today onward and upward I am very late this morning so I had better get started.....
1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good morning early readers

Friday morning

Friday morning