Friday morning



















Plenty of flower on the runner beans now that the aphids have been dealt with.
Now, where to start, yesterday was one of those days when I really should have stayed in bed!!!
I was pottering at the far end of the garden sorting out the chickens when a bee got trapped in my hair - I made great efforts to shake it free but it just became more entangled and finally stung me. I trundled back to the house and by the time I got there I was reacting violently to the sting. Fortunately, I had and empty stomach and quickly took some Piriton to dampen the reaction. I cannot describe to you the horror of the symptoms, suffice to say, if you can imagine being eaten alive by ants then you will get a rough idea. It took about 2 hours for it to subside and in that time I had made the decision that the bees will have to go as they are posing too great a risk to me. So, with the decision made, I reluctantly rang Terry to ask him if he could find a good home for my girls.

That done my next trauma was a trip to the eye hospital to see about this fuzzy eye. Well to cut a long story short, it turns out that I am in the unlucky 1-2% who get fluid leaking into the retina following cataract surgery. This is curable but the treatment starts off with three weeks of eye drops which may well not work and then injections into the eye which definitely will work. So it is a set back rather than a disaster. As we got in the car to go to the hospital Mike noticed that lots of items had been turned out of the centre console box and the side pocket and his mobile phone had been stolen. Thank goodness it was just a very cheap pay as you go phone. The car was not damaged so we can only assume that we had left it unlocked in error. They had missed taking his disabled badge and the Tom Tom so we counted ourselves lucky. By the time we got back from the hospital it was lunch time and I was falling asleep with the Piriton and seeing stars from the eye drops so it was via McDonald's drive through for a big mac and off to bed where I slept until gone 5pm. While I slept, Mike went to fetch the terriers from their holiday home, only to find that Tuc had been very sick one night and woken everyone up at about 4 am. I'm glad to say that he is not showing any signs of ill health now so I guess he must have gorged himself on some bird food or some other treasure that he found. The traumas and Piriton had left me feeling really rough so it was a phone up and deliver chicken kebab for supper and back to bed to watch some garbage until I fell asleep again which didn't take long. What a day!!!!!
I feel a little brighter this morning and while I am very sad about the bees I know that it is the sensible thing to do. It has been a very rewarding experience and I have learned a lot but I think I have pushed my luck just about as far as I dare. It looks pretty windy today and I believe we are in for another showery day. I think I would like to go for a long walk with the dogs this morning and put the traumas of yesterday behind me.
3 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wenesday morning

Saturday Morning

Friday morning