Saturday and lets hope its dry

Yesterday, was a fairly relaxed day after swimming and cleaning out the hens we went with our friends to take the dogs for a walk. It was pretty muddy underfoot what with all the rain we have had recently but the dogs enjoyed themselves then it was off to buy the oil cloth for the table. Fortunately, the shop is on the outskirts of Maidstone as all the signs announced that there was no parking available in the town. We made our way towards the river and a restaurant which is very Italian. As we sat and discussed the menu Mike announced that he thought he would have the pizza tre cani - I looked up in shock as I couldn't believe they would have a three dog pizza then I spotted the error it was tre carni, three meats, an easy mistake but one that caused much amusement. After lunch we went back to our friends house and played bridge which led to some heated discussions and some really bad play - I don't think the lunch time wine did us any favours......

Today, I am hoping it will be dry as I need to get the smoker going and get the salmon underway I would also like to smoke the two widgeon that are in the freezer which I will defrost and brine for about an hour first. The weather forecast looks a bit bleak with rain this morning but getting dryer by lunch time. The next few days look terrible and it looks like shooting will be off tomorrow as it is due to be very wet. I suppose if push comes to shove I could move the smoker into the green house but I think that will make quite a mess of the glass.

Well thats about it for this morning hope you are not feeling too grotty Anne and wish me luck with the weather!!!!!
2 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wenesday morning

Saturday Morning

Friday morning