Friday and pretty cold again

A tiny sliver of moon - it looks much bigger from where I am sitting
Yesterday was a bit of change around while I was out swimming Shiona rang to say she was unwell and would not be coming shooting - I decided to go anyway and shoot by myself. The club was an interesting sight as much of it was in what appeared to be a lake. Fortunately the club house and the skeet traps are on higher ground so we were dry underfoot but I was very grateful that we has a 4x4 as the road to the ground was washed out and just a mass of big pot holes filled with water. Mike worked the buttons for me and I shot 90% of the right to left clays and missed 90% of the left to right so something was not right but I'm blowed if I know what. No doubt Roger will put me right on Sunday. I hadn't realised when I agreed to shoot on Sunday that it was a competition so I guess I am in for a bit of a rough ride. By the time we got back we were starving so we stopped at the fish and chip shop - really bad news on the calorie front and dinner was not much better as we had some escargot that I had bought in France and mopped up the butter with a couple of slices of sourdough. Oh well, start again today and try and do better.....
Today I have ear marked to finish the cleaning I have almost finished the sitting room and the guest bedroom needs a bit of a going over then that just leaves the kitchen and the bathroom which I will tackle next week. I am really quite excited as tomorrow the guys are coming to install the new TV system so we will be all set up for Christmas. We have held off doing this for ages as things were moving so fast but there comes a time when you have to take the plunge and now seems a good a time as any. I also need to sit and write the Christmas cards and get them into the post, I don't know why this chore always falls to me to do? Perhaps it will be something I can get on with while the guys are here tomorrow so I don't get under their feet. Once they are all installed I will take some pictures so you can see what they look like.
Well onward and upward it will soon be time to go swimming for the last time this week and I have a few bits to do in the kitchen - today we will be having some stew that I have taken out of the freezer and I have a huge cabbage to deal with. Perhaps some stuffed cabbage leaves will use up some of it!!!!
Have a good day all the weekend is almost upon us.............
1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday morning

Good morning early readers

Wenesday morning