Thursday and a long day ahead

Today is going to be a long one, we delivered the two terriers to our friends last evening and this morning we are setting off to drive the 3 hours to Bath for a funeral. When I woke up I thought it was 5.45 but once I was in a position to see the clock downstairs I realised it was 3.45 not what I had in mind. I had hoped for a bit it of a lie in but no such luck.

Yesterday was fairly busy and we drove off to Canterbury first thing to collect some rabbits 6 to be precise. Then it was home, via Sainsbury, to deal with them. I have decided to deal with them according to a ferret site which has lovely videos which explain how to strip off the meat and make sure that there is no sinue so the meat is ready to make rabbit pies. It is a bit fiddly but once you get the hang of it its quite simple. The carcasses are then boiled to make stock and I bought a pack of chicken wings to add to the stock. There is a fair bit of meat on the bones which I will pick over for the dogs. I saved the livers from the rabbits as I think they should make a reasonable pate/terrine of some kind. There is one good thing at least I can be sure that the livers are not full of growth hormone and antibiotics. The addition of some fatty pork should make it quite tasty I think.

Basso will be coming with us and as the bun fight after the funeral is at a golf course I am hoping there will be enough grass for him to have a bit of run to relieve himself but it is going to be a pretty long old day for him. Thank goodness I spent so much time with him in the early days when he was car sick as he is now a very good traveler. Who knows what time we will be back tonight I expect it will be quite late so we have organised to pick Nip and Tuc up at 10.30 in the morning and then take our friends out for lunch by way of a thank you for looking after them.

Well that about it for this morning I need to go and sort out the rabbit meat for the freezer and make us a picnic lunch to take with us. The stock is already boiling so that can be left to cool while we are away.
Have a good day all.....
3 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wenesday morning

Saturday Morning

Friday morning