Sunday and off to Dover

The rain held off just long enough for the firework displays to be finished. It was really noisy last night but fortunately the dogs are not at all bothered, they generally go and have a good bark at the first few bangs but soon give up and go back to bed. I had a very lazy day yesterday as I was up so early I felt shattered for most of the day. I did, however, cook one of the pheasants that was lurking in the freezer. It was a recipe that I had not tried before and I am pleased to say it was a roaring success. For those of you who are WLR members I have published the recipe on the site but I am not sure how long it takes for it to become available.
Today, I am off shooting so I am very pleased that it has stopped raining at last and we are forecast a good morning with the weather turning bad again this afternoon. It is a real treat for me as before we start shooting we have a nice baguette stuffed with bacon and egg which really set you up for the day. It is usually well past lunch time by the time we get back so we tend to have an early supper instead. And on that subject I had better get something out for supper, I have some steak and kidney that I made and froze so that with a couple of boiled potatoes and some carrots will have to do. The house is looking a bit like a Chinese laundry with wet washing draped over all the radiators so now it is time to get on with the ironing then I can go off shooting with a clear conscience.
Have good day all and wish me luck - I would like a descent score today!!!
Posted by Picasa
1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday morning

Good morning early readers

Wenesday morning